The cause is genetic male infertility and the Y chromosome micro-deletion is often seen second to Klinefelter Syndrome.
In the Y chromosome microdeletion analysis test, we examine the presence or absence of the deletion of the AZF (Azoospermia factor) region on the Y chromosome, which is said to have an important function in spermatogenesis, and its site. The AZF area is composed of three areas AZFa, AZFb and AZFc, and it is targeted at all areas by our hospital's examination.
By the presence or absence of deletion of the AZF region by examination and identification of the site, it is possible to predict whether sperm can be collected from the testes of azoospermia by testicular sperm extraction (TESE) .
From the Guidelines given by the EAA (European Academy of Andrology) and EMQN (European Molecular Genetics Quality Network)
|Complete deletion site||Possibility of sperm collection by TESE|
|AZFa||No possibility of testicular sperm retrieval|
|AZFc||Possibility of testicular sperm retrieval,
and possibility of getting a child by ICSI
Collect blood from the patient and analyze the presence or absence of the deletion of the AZF region and the site by using the DNA contained in the blood for examination.
This test cannot detect Y chromosome micro-deletions other than the AZF region. Deletions of AZF region is 94% of Y chromosome micro-deletions, and the remaining 6% is deletion other than AZF region.
As for the treatment method in the case where micro-deletion in the AZF region is not detected by this test is still the case at this time that it is Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE) and Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI).
¥42,850 (plus tax)
*Costs are subject to change without notice.